Saturday, March 29, 2008

Moment of Truth

So this is it. It's the night before and Bradley and I are putting the finishing touches on packing and making final arrangements with the support driver. It's been a marathon for Bradley but more like a sprint for me having come on board only about a month ago.

With everyone's support we've been able to raise about $6000 so far which is definitely an excellent start. As we continue the walk I'm sure things will pick up even more, what with all of the pictures and videos we'll be jamming this thing with over the next 40 days.

On a personal note, this walk will be the culmination of a tremendous spiritual journey that I've undertaken over the last 9 months. My yeshiva, Aish HaTorah, has armed me with the tools necessary to live a truly fulfilling life, and for that I'm most certainly grateful. The quiet solitude of the trail will hopefully give me the chance to reflect on the direction my life is heading in the near future. This experience in the Old City of Jerusalem has included devastating lows, but it's in these moments of pain that I've been able to grow the most as a Jew and as a human being.

With that, we're off to raise some money, walk the same land our ancestors did thousands of years ago, forge friendships, and experience Judaism in a totally new way.

Shelachem B'Ahava,
Jeremy

No comments: